Saturday, May 14, 2011

Final Scene Performance Critiques

Allie and Kalei:
-Your chemistry was good as friends, but I didn't feel romantic tension
-Card game seemed unmotivated
+Seemed really conversational, which was a good thing

Anna and Adam:
+Adam, I really saw the stiffness this time, which was great
+Anna, you seemed really confrontational and aggressive
-Blocking seemed formulaic and uncreative
-Characters could have been more theatrical (This is comedy, guys!)

Sammie and Morgan:
-Characters were only half-realized: I needed more of a contrast
+The funny moments were played well
-Seemed scripted

Miku and Shane:
-Shane, your handsomeness was distracting
-Miku, you should have bought Shane a sandwich without mayonnaise, since mayonnaise is grody
+Performance was stellar, sure to win a Tony

In all honesty, I thought our performance was really good considering where we started. If I could do the scene over, I would certainly focus on lowering the pitch of my voice and being more conscious of my gestures - my usual areas of struggle - but I have no regrets about the scene we presented to the class.

Hayley and Sean:
-Blocking was really bad; Sean was upstaged for the entire scene
-Scene seemed disjointed, like you were doing two different scenes

Ari and Nadia:
+Energy level was good
+Relationship was clearly established
-Vocally repetitive

Danny and Ariele:
-I wanted to see more physical comedy, higher energy
-Ariele, your hat made it difficult to see your face sometimes
+A lot of funny moments

Jeremy and Jessica:
+Blocking was great
-Jeremy, your voice was monotonous and seemed forced
+Jessica, your energy carried the scene

Gabriel and Rossana:
+Gabriel, good frantic energy
-You two were using the same drug, but it seemed to speed Gabriel up and slow Rossana down
-Rossana, look for more vocal choices
-You two were too separated for most of the scene

Bronte and Vi:
-Vi, your character should be more sympathetic; she really cares about Katherine, but you seemed cold
-Blocking was corny
-Everything seemed really repetitive

No comments:

Post a Comment